Why mow when you can grow?
Our yard applications are currently closed for the season and will reopen in Oct. 2022.
What does it mean to “Farm Your Yard”?
It means redistributing the resources spent on lawn and yard care and applying them to growing a garden full of produce and flowers, right outside your door.
It means working with nature rather than against her to create mutually-beneficial landscapes.
And when you partner with City Street Farms, it also means joining a community of urban farmers who are working to increase self-sufficiency, naturalize our environments and build strong communities.
Our ideal yard is:
- Located in Lakeview or Cathedral
- At least 1,000 sq.ft or has the potential to partner with neighbouring yards
- Gets at least 8 hours of sunshine throughout the day
Here’s how it works:
We visit the yards that have been submitted to find the spaces that will fit with our existing farms. Once everyone is on board:
- You (the homeowner) provide:
- Access to land and water
- A one-time membership fee required to prepare your yard (removing sod, bringing in top soil, forming the garden rows and pathways, etc.). This fee is paid in the spring of your first season with the farm.
- City Street Farms provides:
- Seeds, seedlings, compost, and all other inputs
- Planning, management and maintenance of the garden from seeding to harvest
- Regular boxes of veggies for you throughout the season
We have chosen our yards for the 2022 season! Applications will reopen in the fall.